Saturday, November 5, 2011

Reno 911

Over Halloween weekend Jake and I had the opportunity to fly to Reno for a business trip.  It was so much fun and a very much needed break from the craziness of our "normal" lives. It was also the first time that Jake and I have flown together! Did I mention that I love being married? I thought that I would take my work bag and put in my hundred pound calculus book, seriously it is in a binder and I have to go try to find an even bigger binder because it barely fits. Luckily Jake decided it was his job to tot that bag around rather than to see me struggle/complain about it.  Oh and for those of you wondering it did not get opened once!:) My teacher thankfully moved back my test and I got to enjoy a wonderful, homework free weekend with my amazing husband!:)
For those of you that do not know, Jake has a serious addiction.... He is addicted to sushi.  Now you may think that I am kidding or being a little over dramatic but I'm not.  Jake has even taken up making sushi.  Yes we now own "sushi china", chopsticks and our very own bamboo rolling mats.  So when it came time for dinner he knew right away where he wanted to go: The Oceano. We originally ventured out to go to a piano bar, which Jake wanted to take me to, and when he spotted this restaurant he knew we had to go. 
Doesn't that look delicious! Oh and no that was not the end of the rolls for the night. Unfortunately I wasn't able to eat any............:) 
I did settle for a yummy salmon salad. The best part of the dinner was when the waiter brought out a large bowl on a saucer before he brought out the salad.  I told Jake I didn't order any soup and proceeded to lift up my spoon ----before Jake informed me that it was my salad dressing.

It was such a fun weekend and I am so lucky to be married to Jake! 



No comments:

Post a Comment